The crochet Small Heart Applique is a quick and easy embellishment that you can crochet in just a couple of minutes and with some scrap yarn.
These crochet hearts are perfect to make Valentine’s Day cards, gift tags, or to add a cute finishing touch to your baby items, accessories, blankets, or really, any project!
Find more crochet inspiration with these hearts…
Pin the Small Heart Applique pattern to your favorite crochet board on Pinterest using this Pin!
How to Crochet a Heart – in just 2 minutes! [Video Tutorial]
Ad-Free Printable Pattern
For this pattern, you can use any yarn with the appropriate hook.
Here, I used:
- 3.5-mm (E/4 USA, 9 UK) Crochet Hook
- DK (3, Light) Weight Yarn
When crocheted with a 3.5-mm hook and DK yarn, the finished Heart Applique measures about 1.15″ (3 cm).
Crochet Abbreviations (US Terms)
Ch – Chain
Dc – Double Crochet
MC – Magic Circle
Sl St – Slip Stitch
St – Stitch
Tr – Treble Crochet
How to Read the Pattern
- (…) – Repeat the instruction within brackets for the indicated number of times.
- […] – Repeat the instruction within brackets all in the same indicated st.
- If the pattern says “sc 5”, it means that you have to make one single crochet in each of the next 5 stitches.
Make a MC.
Round 1. Ch 3, [tr 3, dc 2, ch 1, tr 1, ch 1, dc 2, tr 3, ch 3, sl st 1] all into the MC.
Pull the MC close.
Bind off leaving a long tail for sewing the Small Heart Applique onto your project.
Your Small Heart Applique is ready!
Find more crochet appliques free patterns here on the blog…
- Ice Cream Applique
- Star Applique
- Little Presents Appliques
- Bunny Applique
- Strawberry Applique
- In Love with Apples Applique