Welcome to my blog!
I am Raffaella, the blogger behind RaffamusaDesigns.
Just for you to know, Raffamusa is the superhero version of myself!
…well, just kidding!
But it used to be my nickname back in high school, and I feel comfortable being Raffamusa. It also came in handy when I had to name my blog, I really did not have to think about the name for a single minute!
If you are reading my about page, there is a good chance that you’d like to know me better. So, let me first start by telling you that I so happy you came to take a look here. I’ll try to do my best and share something about myself.
So, let’s start!
- I am list-obsessed! I literally have lists of things everywhere, on my phone, on my agenda, in my scrapbook, on my desk, in my notebook. After I write a list, I usually forget about it and go on to write the next one!
So, you can imagine what is going to follow! My about-me list 🙂
- I am Italian and I was born by the sea, a beautiful place!
- The Netherlands has been my second home for some years now, and between ups and downs, I can say “alles goed” (everything is fine);
- By day, I work as a biochemist, i.e. I study proteins.
- Most of my crochet happens on the train during my 70-min commute to work, and my 70-min commute back home! (yes, that’s a long commute…)
- I do crochet (a lot!) and I share my free crochet patterns. But I am not sure I like calling myself a “crochet designer”. I guess it’s become kind of trendy to say “I am a designer“, but mmmh, I’m still thinking about it…
- I love listening to podcasts, especially historical or tech ones. However, don’t ask me to listen to a yarn/crochet/knit one. They’re all so boring!!! But if you do know one yarn podcast that you think is the bomb, leave me a comment and I’ll give it a try!
- I started crocheting just because when I went to the craft store, I realized that buying a hook and ball of yarn was way easier and cheaper than getting the cross stitch stuff I had gone there to buy. What’s your story? How did you start crocheting?
- Other than crochet, I like baking cakes (but mostly because I love eating them!), reading, and hiking.
- About hiking, one of the things I am the proudest of is my solo hike through the mountains in my region (Abruzzo…Google it, did I mention it’s a beautiful place?), for 5 days completely alone! But I made it!
- Back to crochet! When I first started, I almost immediately started with Tunisian crochet and I fell in love!
- Here are some of the things that I love to crochet the most:
–> Crochet Appliques (Some all times favorites are the Apple and the Ice Cream!)
–> Potholders! (I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of crocheting them!)
–> Accessories (especially for babies given the growing number of nieces and cousins in my family)
So, I guess this was quite a list to start with. But enough about me, I would love to know you better too! So, how about connecting via e-mail? Send me your story and let me know who you are!
You can also join my newsletter to hear more from me and my crochet news. This September/October, I am also organizing an e-mail free CAL for my subscribers and it would be lovely if you wanted to join! Check out this post for more info!
Please, do not hesitate to contact me for any help or assistance with one of my patterns. I will try to answer asap.