One of the easiest and most fun ways to add texture to your crochet projects is to crochet in the third loop of half double crochet stitches.
But learning a new stitch is not as fun as actually using that stitch and create something beautiful with yarn and hook!
So, today, I would like to share with you a few of my favorite free crochet patterns that use stitch combinations in the third loop of half double crochet.
Pin this post for later and always find more inspiration for your next project!
- The Sideways Crochet Jumper by Blue Star Crochet is crocheted from side to side. This pattern is brilliant and perfect for both beginner crocheters and more experienced ones!
- You may already know Wilma from Wilmade for her beautiful shawls. But there is so much more to discover on her website. For example, look at this warm and cozy Hooded Alpa Scarf!
- The Cascade Infinity Scarf by Carroway Crochet is a simple and beautiful cowl. Really, the perfect pattern to practice your half double crochet in the third loop!
- The Phoenix Wrap by the Underground Crafter has got so many details and textures going on! You definitely want to chose your favorite color palette and get ready for some crocheting.
- The Cactus Beanie (by me!) combines stitches in the third loop with stitches worked in the back loop only. Made with DK yarn, this beanie is super soft and squishy, and it comes in sizes from newborn to toddler.
- You’ve gotta love the classic look of this Monkey Around Beanie by Through the Loop Yarn Craft. The pattern comes in 4 sizes: Toddler, Child, Teen/Adult Small, and Adult Medium, and it is written for worsted weight yarn.
- The Juneau Blues Beanie by The Loopy Lamb combines some very fun textured stitches. The pattern is worked in worsted weight yarn and is perfect for an adult.
- This striped Alix Tote Bag by Divine Debris is full of texture and color. Maybe your next stash-busting project?
- Enjoy the classic vibes of the Midwinter Blanket by Rich Textures Crochet. Texture and fringes will make for the coziest snuggle on the couch!
- Freshen up your home decor with a soft touch of yarn! The Easy Peasy Pillow by Sincerely Pam is simple and beautiful, and will look great on your couch or bed.
- Can you ever have enough crochet washcloths?! I love these simple and cute ones by 5 Little Monsters. Find the patterns of the Third Loop Washcloth here.
- Crochet baskets are fun to make and are always useful to have! This Sweet and Simple Crochet Basket by Sweet Bee Crochet would look great in any color and is perfect for any room of the house.
- I love how Stitch by Fay used the half double crochet in the third loop to make the shell of this cute Amigurumi Spring Snail!
I hope that you enjoyed this collection of free crochet patterns that use the third loop of half double crochet!
Find more textured patterns and crochet inspiration on the blog!